The RaceSense Tyre Gauge
The RaceSense Tyre Gauge
RaceSense is designed to be very precise. Measurements are typically accurate to less than 0.1 psi and the gauge is sensitive to pressure variations down to 0.01 psi.
- Accurate to 0.1 psi*
- Range 4 to 150 psi
- Switch between psi, bar, kPa or kg/cm2
- Automatic tyre mode records initial pressures (max) and adjusted pressures
- Ambient temperature and barometric pressure
- Plug in our fast response type K thermocouple tyre probe for temp readings too** (3 measurements per tyre, and track too)
RaceSense has a multi-tyre mode which is a real game changer for quick pit stops. There is no need to remember or write down pressures, RaceSense will save everything for you.
- Record pressures on all tyres without pressing any buttons
- Starting tyre and direction can be preset (anticlockwise/clockwise)
- 2 or 4 tyre mode
- Record tyre temperatures (inner, middle, outer per tyre) and track temperature with thermocouple probe
- Set vehicle number, tyre set number
- Label as Hot/Cold, Session name and more
- 7 Presets available for easy change between vehicles
TO USE: Just fit the chuck on first tyre valve, adjust pressure until correct, move onto next tyre, adjust pressure etc, etc.
After all tyres have been measured the data will be saved automatically with time and date and ambient temperature and can then be exported. Initial and adjusted pressures are all recorded. If a thermocouple is used then tyre temperatures are also saved. Our iOS and Android smartphone apps will add location, weather and wind conditions.
Not all probes are equal. We have developed a fast response, adjustable accurate temperature probe (pyrometer) to go with RaceSense.
The probe is low thermal mass which won’t act as a heat sink to skew your readings (unlike metal bodied probes).
- Quick response: After insertion it typically takes 2 seconds for the probe to reach 90% of the final temperature, 3 seconds for 95% and 4 seconds + for the temperature response to level out.
The gauge even shows Up or Down arrows if the temperature is changing. These will disappear when stable.
- Adjustable depth: There is a screw adjuster and locking nut so that the tyre can be probed at a consistent depth. A depth of between 3 and 5mm is recommended. The probe can be adjusted up to 15mm which will puncture most tyres. To avoid punctures the needle should obviously not be inserted too deep and the probe should be inserted into the tyre blocks only and not the grooves/voids or sides. Take care with very worn tyres.
- Avoid heat sources: Temperature accuracy will be affected if e.g. the gauge or probe are heated (or cooled). So, do not leave the gauge and probe near sources of heat or where large thermal gradients may be expected e.g. in direct sunlight, on top of engine, near heaters or fans etc.
- Car setup, tyre pressures, track conditions and driving style will all affect the bulk tyre temperatures.
It does not make sense to compare readings from different car or tyre types or different probe depths.
Our straight probe is the one that is bundled with RaceSense but if you prefer our Right Angled probe (this can be better for closed wheel vehicles) you can order that separately). See probes for details.
Sync to your phone
Racesense Tyre Gauge has a built in phone link, tap to your phone and view the data in the app. No pairing is needed and the upload takes less than a second.
- Shows maximum and adjusted pressures for each tyre
- Temperatures from inner, middle and outer of each tyre, track and ambient temperature**
- Auto-senses GPS location when downloading
- Auto-senses weather conditions, atmospheric pressure, wind speed and wind direction
- Add notes, edit, add vehicle and tyre set number, session labels
- Analyse and compare hot and cold runs
- Share individual or all records by sms/whatsapp/email
NFC enabled phone required: Phone 7 and above, Android 5.5+ with NFC. Apps downloadable from the App store and Google Play.
No phone available? No worries, RaceSense plugs into a computer too so you can download a CSV file of your data. No hardware drivers are needed for this so no installation is required beforehand.
Want to keep your pressures secret?
Use OFFSET MODE to input your desired pressures beforehand. RaceSense will show the offset from these values rather than actual pressures on the screen.
Just adjust until you reach zero and no one will know what pressures you are running!
Designed for the rigours of track life
- Die-cast powder-coated aluminium case
- Tyre chuck is a secure and quick fit
- Brass bleed valve lets you precisely adjust your pressures.
- Polycarbonate screen
- Stainless steel belt clip
- Water resistant
- Buttons are rubber sealed
- Sunlight readable OLED display
USB connection for recharging, upgrading and data download (battery life > 3 months in standby or 24 hours continuous use).
CONTENTS: RaceSense Tyre Gauge, usb cable, manual, sturdy carrying case. Optional temperature probe.
PROTECTIVE RUBBER CASE OPTIONAL ACCESSORY
PC setup tool
- Program preset settings easily via the PC
- Set units
- Set number of presets
- Set labels
- Transfer to gauge by USB
- Reprogram firmware